Sake Master Class with Taro at Taro’s Ramen
Oct 20, 2018 - Oct 28, 2018
*This event has finished.
|Venue||Taro's Ramen, 480 Queen Street, Brisbane City 4000|
|Phone||07 3839 4840|
Brisbane’s famous Taro’s Ramen will host Sake Masterclasses in October. Taro from Taro’s explains the event as a long and expensive session. However, in order to attempt to cover the intriguing and vast field of sake, it is a necessary cost.
He will discuss differences in sake styles based on different production methods, the factors that make the tastes so different and the specs and keywords you as a newly educated sake connoisseur can take away and apply to your sake shopping.
You will taste the following 12 labels.
- Aromatic Sake (Kun Shu)
- Dassai Junmai Daiginjo 39 – Yamaguchi
- Ippin Junmai Daiginjo Mitake – Ibaragi
- Narutotai Junmai Genshu Mizutokome – Tokushima
- Dassai Junmai Daiginjo Sparkling – Yamaguchi
Refreshing Sake (So Shu)
- Hakkaisan Sparkling – Niigata
- Hakushika Namachozo – Hyogo
- Jozen Mizunogotoshi Junmai Ginjo – Niigata
Rich Sake (Jun Shu)
- Urakasumi Junmai Nama Sake – Miyagi
- Suishin Junmai – Hiroshima
- Otokoyama Junmai – Hokkaido
- Daishichi Kimoto – Fukushima
- Kozaemon Yamahai Junmai – Gifu
Mature Sake (Juku Shu)
- Nishinozeki Koshu (30 years) – Oita
A fully encompassing sake event like this is unheard of in Australia. Can not be missed if you have an interest in Sake.
The Sake we serve is between 8-20% ABV.
Ticket entitles holder to the sake seminar and tasting experience plus a simple dinner of chirashi sushi (raw fish on rice) will be served during the session. If you prefer ramen to sushi or if you have any other dietary requirements, please let Taro’s know.
Obviously patrons must be over 18 please.
Booking can be made through Eventbrite.